An unforgettable experience.
For Groups of 20 to 144
We offer discounts for groups on our regular runs. You can also reserve our 1890's Victorian Era Parlor Car for up to 30 guests, perfect for a wedding reception or birthday party. Or take over the train with up to 144.
A V&T ride makes a unique fundraiser, field trip, family reunion… Ask us to help you plan a catered lunch, too.
Contact Candy Duncan at 877-724-5007, 775-291-0208 or email@example.com.
Group Reservation Policies
The Virginia and Truckee Railroad is pleased to offer a 10% discount on Saturday train tickets, and a 20% discount for Friday and Sunday train tickets to groups of 20 or more paying passengers that meet the following criteria. Groups that do not meet outlined conditions cannot qualify for discount pricing. All reservations are to be paid as outlined below: Please read carefully, policies take effect at booking.
• Group must maintain at least 20 paying passengers, seated and paying as one unit, to qualify for any discounts
• One (1) complimentary ticket may be issued, in addition to the minimum 20 passengers,
for a group escort
• One (1) complimentary ticket may be issued in addition to the minimum 20 passengers, if a bus driver is riding
• A $250.00 deposit is required to create a reservation. (You do not have a reservation with out a deposit)
• Balance & final count must be received by VTRR no later than 2 weeks before departure date.
• Reservations not paid in full by the due date will be canceled and seats released for general sale.
• Reservations must be paid as one unit. Multiple credit cards may not be used
• Cancellations and or changes within 2 weeks of departure date incur a $6.00 per ticket fee
• Tickets become non-refundable 2 days prior to departure date
• Eligible refunds are processed immediately to the credit card used. Check refunds may take up to 90 days after the ride date
Availability & Blackout Periods:
• Group discounts are available on most standard daytime excursions
• Group discounts may not be combined with any other offers
• Group discounts are for train seating only and are not applicable towards meals, tours, etc.
• Additions to final count must be reserved in advance through Group Sales and paid for at that time.
• Group discounts are not available for THE POLAR EXPRESS™ or other special event trains
• Discounted fares include an 8% Historical Preservation Fee
• Complimentary tour bus parking is provided
• Tickets should be picked up one hour before departure date at the Eastgate Depot by the group leader
• Trains depart as scheduled and will not be detained for late arrivals. PLEASE allow adequate travel time.
• VTRR must be notified in advance of any “special needs” such as mobility issues. (Due to the historic nature of our train, we can only accommodate walkers and wheel chairs no wider than 21 inches, no motor scooters are allowed on the train. Ramps are available both in Carson City and Virginia City and there is a lift on the complimentary shuttle. The wooden sidewalks in Virginia City are wheel chair accessible, but caution should be taken. Please speak to our group reservationist about your needs in advance.
Contact Candy Duncan, firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 877 724-5007 or 775 291-0208