A unique and unforgettable experience for weddings, fundraisers, field trips, reunions, and corporate events!
V&T Discounts for Groups of 10-19
If you have a group of 10-19 paying passengers, we’ll offer a 10% discount on Friday and Sunday round-trip rides to Virginia City. Tickets must be reserved in advance by calling 877- 724-5007. Discount not valid on Saturday round-trip rides to Virginia City.
V&T Discounts for Groups of 20 or More
If you have a group of 20 or more paying passengers, we’ll offer a 20% discount* on tickets. Groups of 20 or more riding only one way to Virginia City will receive a 20% discount. There are no date restrictions, but tickets must be purchased in advance by calling 877-724-5007.
*The 20% discount is not valid on any wine trains or special event trains including Polar Express.
Reserve a Historic Victorian Parlor Car
You can also reserve our 1890’s Victorian-Era Parlor Car for up to 30 guests, perfect for a wedding reception, birthday party, or corporate event. Call Call 877-724-5007.
Reserve the Entire Train
Planning a large event? Or maybe you just want the train all to yourselves. Take over the entire train with a group of up to 144 passengers. Call Call 877-724-5007.
Group Questions and Bookings
Contact Candy Duncan:
GROUP RESERVATION POLICIES
The Virginia and Truckee Railroad is pleased to offer a 20% discount on train tickets to groups of 20 or more paying passengers riding round trip, and 10% discount to one way passengers that meet the following criteria. Groups that do not meet outlined conditions cannot qualify for discount pricing. All reservations are to be paid as outlined below: Please read carefully, policies take effect at booking.
- Group must maintain at least 20 paying passengers, seated and paying as one unit, to qualify for any discounts
- One (1) complimentary ticket may be issued, in addition to the minimum 20 passengers, for a group escort
- One (1) complimentary ticket may be issued in addition to the minimum 20 passengers, if a bus driver is riding
- A $250.00 deposit is required to create a reservation. (You do not have a reservation without a deposit)
- Balance & final count must be received by VTRR no later than 2 weeks before departure date.
- Reservations not paid in full by the due date will be canceled and seats released for general sale.
- Reservations must be paid as one unit. Multiple credit cards may not be used
- Cancellations and or changes within 2 weeks of departure date incur a $6.00 per ticket fee
- Tickets become non-refundable 7 days prior to departure date
- Eligible refunds are processed immediately to the credit card used. Check refunds may take up to 90 days after the ride date
AVAILABILITY & BLACKOUT PERIODS
- Group discounts are available on most standard daytime excursions, wine trains and Melodrama or Murder Mystery trains.
- Group discounts may not be combined with any other offers
- Group discounts are for train seating only and are not applicable towards meals, tours, etc. that are not offered by the VTRR.
- Additions to final count must be reserved through Group Sales and paid for at that time.
- Group discounts are not available for Polar Express™
- Discounted fares include an 8% Historic Preservation fee.
- Complimentary tour bus parking is provided
- Tickets should be picked up one hour before departure date at the Eastgate Depot by the group leader
- Trains depart as scheduled and will not be detained for late arrivals. PLEASE allow adequate travel time.
- VTRR must be notified in advance of any “special needs” such as mobility issues. (Due to the historic nature of our train, we can only accommodate walkers and wheel chairs no wider than 21 inches, no motor scooters are allowed on the train. Ramps are available both in Carson City and Virginia City and there is a lift on the complimentary shuttle. The wooden sidewalks in Virginia City are wheel chair accessible, but caution should be taken. Please speak to our group reservationist about your needs in advance.