The Ghost of Mark Twain Wine Train
Special Event Train
If you love Mark Twain, hors d'oeuvres and a good glass of wine...
Join us for a night of history and humor while taking a picturesque train ride through Carson River Canyon. During the ride, enjoy wine and gourmet hors d’oeuvres while listening to humorous tales of Mark Twain’s time on the Comstock.
“Over the years, I have witnessed live performances
by many of show business’ top comedians
and read the words of a great many excellent writers.
Never have the two abilities been combined
as well as they are in the case of McAvoy Layne.”
-Reno public relations legend, Harry Spencer
Schedule & Price
- Saturday, October 13, 2018, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.,
- $45 a person.
Carson River Canyon Route
- Two-and-a-half miles of new track
- Historic locations of Comstock stamp or reduction mills and timber processing mills
- Noteworthy stamp mills: Santiago Mill, Vivian Mill, Merrimac Mill, Brunswick Mill, Morgan Mill
- Eureka Mill, which operated a 36″ narrow gauge railway
- Steam train whistle echoes on canyon walls