Carson City – Virginia City
Sisters in History Route • 24-mile
Rediscover Nevada’s rich history in mining and mills on the V&T Carson City-Virginia City route as you meander through tunnels, canyons and mining towns aboard a restored 1914 Pullman coach led by a 1916 Baldwin 2-8-0 steam locomotive. This relaxing, all-day train excursion is fully narrated with historical facts and anecdotes. Departing from Carson City’s Eastgate Depot, the 24-mile roundtrip tour includes a fun 3.5-hour stopover in historic Virginia City, where you can stroll the boardwalks and explore restaurants, shops, saloons, museums, mines and more.
Steam Train Schedule*
- Runs Saturdays & Sundays, May-October, 2017
- Also runs Fridays, July 7 through August 11, 2017
- Depart Carson City (Eastgate Depot) 10:00am – Arrive Virginia City (F Street Depot) 11:30am
- Depart Virginia City (F Street Depot) 3:00pm – Arrive Carson City (Eastgate Depot) 4:15pm
- Complimentary shuttle to C Street in Virginia City
- Scenic route through the Virginia Range
- Tunnel No. 2 – 566 feet long
- American Flat – site of a once-bustling mining town
- Scales/water stop – 260,000 tons of ore valued at billions of dollars were weighed at this location
- Possible wild mustang sightings
- Overman Open Mining Pit – 120 feet deep
- 3.5-hour stopover in historic Virginia City
- Fully narrated tour
Adult – $52
Senior – 65+/Veteran $48
Child – ages 3-16 $32
Save up to $28 with Family Packs. More Info >
One-way tickets are available, please call 877-724-5007.
* Schedules, equipment and fares subject to change without notice. An 8% Historic Preservation fee is included in all ticket prices. Children under 3 ride free only when seated on parent’s lap.