Dinner & Entertainment Train
Special Saturdays • Steam Train Rides
Entertainment & BBQ
Sit back, relax and enjoy an entertaining melodrama while riding a steam train into Carson River Canyon. After the 45-minute excursion, join us for a smokin’ BBQ dinner at Eastgate Depot. Fare includes drink ticket, melodrama train ride, and dinner at the Depot.
- Steam Train
- Saturday, August 12th, September 9th and October 7th, 2017
- 6:00pm – 8:30pm
- 45 minutes Roundtrip
- The Saturday Canyon Trains follow the all day, roundtrip steam train rides from Carson City to Virginia City. At the end of that run, the same train continues south of the Carson City depot into the canyon.
Carson River Canyon Route
- Two-and-a-half miles of new track
- Historic locations of Comstock stamp or reduction mills and timber processing mills
- Noteworthy stamp mills: Santiago Mill, Vivian Mill, Merrimac Mill, Brunswick Mill, Morgan Mill
- Eureka Mill, which operated a 36″ narrow gauge railway
- Steam train whistle echoes on canyon walls