Dinner & Entertainment Train
Special Saturdays • Steam Train Rides
Choo-Choo Chicanery Melodrama
Feast on smokin’ hot BBQ and a free drink prior to the hilarious melodrama, Choo-Choo Chicanery, at the Eastgate Depot. Following the show, enjoy a beautiful summer evening train ride down the Carson River Canyon.
Choo-Choo Chicanery Melodrama:
Barton Balderdash is attempting to gain control of the Virginia & Truckee Railroad by sabotaging their passenger trains which results in drastically increasing their insurance rates. His dirty work consists of cutting the brake line on one of the passenger dining cars, which in turn causes the entire train to lose brake pressure. While riding the train to Virginia City, he meets Ted Trustworthy, a Wells Fargo Railroad detective assigned to investigate the sabotage and bring the perpetrator to justice. Join us to find out how the story ends!
Pick Your Saturday:
- July 28 (Diesel Engine)
- August 18 (Steam Engine)
- Sept. 15 (Steam Engine)
5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., $75 per person.
- Steam Train
- Select Saturdays in July, August, September and October.
- 6:00pm – 8:30pm
- 45 minutes Roundtrip
- The Saturday Canyon Trains follow the all day, roundtrip steam train rides from Carson City to Virginia City. At the end of that run, the same train continues south of the Carson City depot into the canyon.
Carson River Canyon Route
- Two-and-a-half miles of new track
- Historic locations of Comstock stamp or reduction mills and timber processing mills
- Noteworthy stamp mills: Santiago Mill, Vivian Mill, Merrimac Mill, Brunswick Mill, Morgan Mill
- Eureka Mill, which operated a 36″ narrow gauge railway
- Steam train whistle echoes on canyon walls