Special Event Train
Calling All Westworld Fans!
Join us for a night of fun and fantasy at the WestWine Train Event in honor of Westworld. V&T Railway’s Eastgate Depot will be transformed into the Mariposa Saloon from the popular HBO series. Guests are encouraged to dress as their favorite show characters and enjoy a night of drama, wine, BBQ dinner and a Carson River Canyon train ride.
Schedule* & Price
- Saturday, August 4, 2018 from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- $75 a person
- Guests are encouraged to dress as any of the characters or to come dressed in western wear or however they are comfortable. We will have a few fashion props available for guests.
- The evening will begin with a train ride with several surprises and skits aboard the train. Passengers should arrive by 4:30in order to be on the train by 5 p.m.
- White wine will be served to our guests before they load the train.
- The train ride is approximately 1 hour long.
- When the guests return to the Depot they will enter the Mariposa Saloon where they will enjoy a full barbeque meal of ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, farmers market vegetables, salad, and dessert.
- There will be a no-host bar in the saloon.
- Squeek Steele, a local fun-loving pianist, will be performing live inside the depot. Squeek will play tunes from the TV series in addition to old-time saloon-type piano music.
- Ticket bundle includes the train ride, BBQ meal, glass of wine, and live entertainment.
- There will be a lot of surprises at this onetime event.
Carson River Canyon Route
- Two-and-a-half miles of new track
- Historic locations of Comstock stamp or reduction mills and timber processing mills
- Noteworthy stamp mills: Santiago Mill, Vivian Mill, Merrimac Mill, Brunswick Mill, Morgan Mill
- Eureka Mill, which operated a 36″ narrow gauge railway
- Steam train whistle echoes on canyon walls