Carson Canyon Railbikes
THIS ACTIVITY REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO PEDAL FOR AN EXTENDED TIME.
Ride Times: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
Schedule subject to change upon return of V&T train
$45 (before tax) per seat, 4 seats per railbike
All rides are between 70 and 90 minutes
Group discounts available for parties of 12 or more – 10% off, before tax
- Explore the beautiful Carson River Canyon
- Visit the historic Eureka Mill location & Halfway House Stagecoach Stop site
- Cross the V&T Railway bridge
- Guides will accompany each rail bike tour
- Snacks and bottles of water will be provided at the Eureka Siding rest area in the canyon
- You MUST arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Liability waivers will be available on-site and are required before riding.
- Any rider under the age of 18 years must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Not suitable for children under the age of four. All riders must be able to walk and peddle.
- The maximum weight is 250 pounds (per rider).
- No infants or pets on this experience.
- No car seats or baby slings.
- Storage is available behind the seats for small bags such as fanny packs. The rail bikes cannot accommodate carry-on items such as backpacks, large purses, totes, or ice chests.
- Sunscreen, a hat, and water are recommended.
- Riders should wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothes suitable for hiking or cycling. Closed-toed shoes are recommended. A light jacket is encouraged during the cooler months.
- Face masks are required to wear upon arrival. Face masks can be removed for rail bike experience if all parties on the same bike agree. Should you wish not to share a bike, we recommend purchasing all four ticketed seats.
- Although our rail bikes are motor-assisted, pedaling is part of the experience, and riders should be prepared to do light exercise. Riders should be capable of bicycling recumbently for 70 – 90 minutes at low exertion.