Celebrate Memorial Day weekend with a unique voyage, rediscovering Nevada’s rich history. On the route, meander through tunnels, canyons and mining towns aboard our historic train. This relaxing, all-day train excursion is fully narrated with historical facts and anecdotes and includes a fun 3.5-hour stopover in historic Virginia City, where you can stroll the boardwalks and explore restaurants, shops, saloons, museums, mines and more.
Schedule & Fares
- Adults (Ages 16-64): $55
- Children (Ages 2-15): $35
Infants 24 months and under ride free when sitting on parent’s lap.
- Seniors (Ages 65+): $52
- Veterans (Must show ID upon arrival): $52
6.25 Hours Total
- Depart Carson City (Eastgate Depot) 10:00 am – Arrive Virginia City (F Street Depot) 11:30 am
- Depart Virginia City (F Street Depot) 3:00 pm – Arrive Carson City (Eastgate Depot) 4:15 pm
- Scenic route through the Virginia Range
- Tunnel No. 2 – 566 feet long
- American Flat – site of a once-bustling mining town
- Scales/water stop – 260,000 tons of ore valued at billions of dollars were weighed at this location
- Possible wild mustang sightings
- Overman Open Mining Pit – 120 feet deep
- Fully narrated tour
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible. Some wheelchairs may be transported via train cargo holding.
- Please arrive 1/2 hour before your train departure time. Schedule and equipment subject to change. We reserve the right to sell your ticket if you have not checked in twenty minutes prior to scheduled train departure.
- No dogs allowed except service dogs
- Bench seating with 2 passengers per bench. Passengers requiring a full bench please call (775) 291-0208 for a special rates.