Perfect date-night activity! Enjoy libations and appetizers as you travel on a 45-minute trip south of Carson City’s Eastgate Depot into the Carson River Canyon. Glimpse a part of the route not seen every day. The track winds past scenic views of the river and the canyon walls. Bring your cameras, as there will be opportunities to photograph the “Iron Horse” as it steams by the passenger cars to reattach to the train to pull it back up out of the canyon. Listen as the engineer blows the whistle and the echoes bounce off the canyon walls.
Schedule & Fares
June 13 & June 27 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
July 11 & July 25 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Aug. 8 & Aug.22 from from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Sept. 5 & Sept. 19 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Oct. 3 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Steam Round Trip
Guests 21+ | $40
- Two-and-a-half miles of new track
- Historic locations of Comstock stamp or reduction mills and timber processing mills
- Noteworthy stamp mills: Santiago Mill, Vivian Mill, Merrimac Mill, Brunswick Mill, Morgan Mill
- Eureka Mill, which operated a 36″ narrow-gauge railway
- Steam train whistle echoes on canyon walls