Virginia City – Gold Hill
Historic Route • 4-mile Roundtrip
This fully-narrated 4-mile roundtrip train ride from Virginia City to Gold Hill brings the 1870s Comstock Era to life. Passengers in open-air or closed cars are pulled by either diesel or steam engine, traveling around 17 historic mines and mills and back to the depot in 35 minutes. Choose from 7 departures daily from our original 1870 depot & museum in Virginia City.
- Daily – May 26-October 31, 2018
- 7 hourly departures – 10:30 am to 4 pm
- 35-minute roundtrip
- Original V&T 1870 Depot, 166 F Street (three blocks to C Street, free parking)
- Tunnel No. 4 – last tunnel before Virginia City
- Comstock mines and mills
- Pass by eight mines including Hale & Norcross, Savage, Potosi, Chollar, Julia, Yellow Jacket, Crown Point and the Ward Bullion
- Gold Hill – where the Comstock Era gold strikes began
- Fully narrated tour
Adult – $14
Child (Ages 5-12*) – $7
Adult – $12
Child (Ages 5-12*) – $6
For more information, please call 775-847-0380.
*Schedules, equipment and fares subject to change without notice. Children 4 and under are free.